This is a review of the Harmony Defender 360° forward-facing only combination seat. A combination seat uses a harness, then can be converted to a belt-positioning booster.
RECOMMENDED CHILD SIZE
- Harness weight limits: 22-65 lbs.
- Both highback and backless booster weight limits: 30-110 lbs.
- EPE energy-absorbing foam in headrest, backrest and base.
- Anti-torque design
- Belt path design prevents child from sliding under the lap belt on impact (booster seat mode)
- V-shaped tether
- Unique V-shape, smooth-contoured design promotes safer installations
- Smooth-contoured seat makes installation easier and protects your car's upholstery
- 1-hand, 9-position, no re-thread harness height adjustment
- Up-front harness adjuster
- Ultra plush seat pad made with durable premium fabrics and extra foam for maximum comfort is removable for machine washing
- Easily converts to a Highback and Backless booster.
- Cup/snack holder can easily be installed on either armrest
- Shoulder belt guide included
- Unique infinite recline system
- 2 crotch strap positions
Certified for aircraft travel when used in harness mode.
MSRP (US) $99
CarseatBlog's Professional Review: Not available at this time.
TheCarseatMom's Quick Review:
The Harmony Defender 360° is new to the market and comes from a company dedicated to giving its customers bang for the buck. You'd find features like EPE foam, a no-rethread harness height adjuster, and conversion from harness to highback to backless booster on higher priced seats. The instruction manual is well-written and includes directions on how to lock your seatbelt in the section where you actually need it, though it is filled with a lot of illustrations of what not to do; a clear example of proper use would be much less confusing. Unfortunately, you cannot use either the lower LATCH anchors or top tether when the Defender is used in booster mode. With the prices comes some setup, however. You'll need (2) Phillips screwdrivers and some mechanical sense to connect the back to the base. Overall, the Harmony Defender 360° looks to be a decent narrow combination seat with high top harness slots.